A nice walk in the woods
Some highlights of the visit, which was accomplished via space-a on a C17:
- walks in the woods and on the beach in the sun
- catching sight of the USS Ronald Reagan pulling out through Rich Passage from Bremerton on a beautiful sunny day
- buying some plants to add color to the garden, including the forsythia Dad and Grammie sponsored for the family and friends garden! that is the perfect choice!
- chomping chipped beef and chicken casserole – a Grammie special that Dad made – fed us three nights!
- attending the school auction at IslandWood which does environmental education
- fire time and pizza in the garden with the chickens as the stars came out
- walks around the property imagining my “farm” which Dave does not approve of (I really want a llama!)
- Merlin chastising Dad for striding so aggressively up to him while I was mucking out the disgusting run
- domino time with the boys, and training other students after school to be team leaders for Domino Day in art class on Friday
- Chess with Sam
- lots of reading – Dad finished off Rickover’s biography
- fires in the fireplace
- hanging out with Ben and two other friends while I went to a long meeting on Thurs (I do a lot of volunteer work for school and district)
- meeting my friend Amy who shares many common childhood stories with me – some involving chickens!